The Equipment Leasing and Finance Association's board of directors is tackling the issue of women being underrepresented in the equipment leasing and finance industry with a working group to boost participation by women.
The Women in Leasing Working Group is chaired by Key Equipment Finance's Lori G. Frasier, senior vice president, strategy and performance management.
A new article in Equipment Leasing & Finance Magazine details plans stemming from a survey of about 50 women in the industry concerning events and other support the association could provide to increase the inclusion of women in the association.
Based on the survey results, Frasier recommended several options, including:
- expanding existing Women in Leasing events so they take place at a greater number of ELFA conferences;
- targeting speakers or breakout sessions at the ELFA Annual Convention that focus on inclusion in leadership;
- partnering with ELFA’s Emerging Talent Advisory Council on regional roundtables;
- offering a Women in Leasing social-networking page, and;
- several other recommendations.
For several years, ELFA leaders have discussed a greater involvement in women in the the industry and association, Frasier says. "There is excitement about the fact that we are beginning to put a roadmap and action plan together to move the needle on this issue."
The article goes on to interview several leaders in the industry to explore goals and insights into ways to grow involvement by women, and diversity in general.
Read the entire article here: